Make a Difference
Not only in your own life but in the lives of individuals wth developmental disabiliites within your own community.
The goal of the Leadership Series is to support the development of advocacy and leadership skills in local citizens who wish to grow at a personal level to achieve community and statewide change that supports individuals with disabilities and their families.
Change that can lead to greater community participation, increase school inclusion and support for families.
We are looking for interested persons that include individuals with developmental disabilities, parents, friends and concerned citizens who want to increase their skills in making a difference in behalf of individuals with developmental disabilities.
Benefits will include:
- Increase knowledge and confidence to make positive social change.
- Connect to the statewide system of Advocacy for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Better understanding of Federal, state and local systems.
- Meet others who are like minded and want to make a difference
- Complete a final project that will make a difference in your life or the community,
No Cost—to participate and there are stipends available to help with transportation and child care
Call Donna Tracy at 509-947-6090
- Moses Lake Classes will be held
- Samaritan Hospital
- Education Center 4th floor
- 801 E Wheeler Rd
- Moses Lake WA
Prosser locations will be at Bethel Church in November the rest of the meetings will be at PUD Prosser